Re: [SLE] How to set up a HP 930C?
  • From: David List <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 20:04:38 +0100
On Friday 01 March 2002 01:33, Joe & Sesil Morris (NTM) wrote:

I never had success with LPRng (I'm sure the problem was with me, not
the program), so I can't help you there. With my printer, which I am
connecting to via SMB, Yast2 could not correctly set up. After setting
it up with Yast2, I used Kups in KDE to correctly get the connection
setup for SMB. Since your printer is also networked, I would suggest
CUPS (assuming it has a driver for HP 930C), set it up initially in
Yast2, then recheck in Kups and make any necessary corrections.

Using kups worked instantly where YaST2 had utterly failed. Something to
look into for the SuSE people. I am surely not the only one using the
combination of an HP inkjet printer and a small printserver to make the
printer reachable from different nodes on the LAN.

Thank you for your answers.

Best regards,
David List

< Previous Next >