Re: [SLE] Creating a copy of a CD Image
  • From: <dog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 12:43:35 -0600 (CST)
can this image be mounted as a loopback file system like images created
with mkisofs?

You said:

On Friday 01 March 2002 18:52, Ron Cordell wrote:
Hi all,

I know that the answer to this is easy, but I can't seem to figure it
out... I have a data CD, and I want to make an iso image of it so that I
can upload the iso image to another storage location (fileserver, for
example). I looked mkisofs, and I think I could use this tool, but is there
another, more direct way to get the CD image?

Thanks,

-ronc

dd if=/dev/cdrom of=image.iso

for instance