Re: [SLE] Mozilla and Java
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 10:11:28 -0800
You should make a softlink to libjavaplugin_oji.so in your
/opt/mozilla/plugins directory. You can find this plugin in the IBM Java
or Sun Java packages. Once you do this..it should preform quite nicely
with Java. :)

* John Sved (johnsved@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [020301 07:07]:
->Hello,
->
->I have installed from the ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/mozilla/0.9.8/7.2
->
->mozilla-0.9.8.5.i386.rpm
->mozilla-mail-0.9.8.5.i386.rpm
->
->Also installed:
->
->IBMJava2-JAAS
->IBMJava2-JAVACOMM
->IBMJava2-JRE 1.3-67
->IBMJava2-SDK
->java2
->
->These are as current as the SuSE 7.2 online update.
->
->The Mozilla browser "crashes" on some web pages. Java console crashes.
->FYI Konquerer is configured for Java and works fine. FYI NS4.7 on
->another machine with SuSe 7.2 also has some difficulty with the same web
->pages.
->
->What exactly has to be done to configure Mozilla with Java ?
->
->What is xpi ? Is it necessary ? Where is it ? How is it installed ?
->
->What is jre1.3.x ? Is it necessary ? Where is it ? How is it installed
Ben Rosenberg mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxx
"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around the more I
think it might not be a bad thing." -JC