RE: [SLE] splash screen
  • From: "Berge, Harry ten" <berge@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 08:31:58 +0100
I have a machine with 256 MB ram...... So that should not be a problem :-)

I've found out that in the directory '/usr/share/splash' a link is created
called 'bootsplash.*' which are linked to the correct picture. When you put
in /etc/lilo.conf your vga on 771 then you get the penguin (that's a
start...) but NO nice SuSE screen...

Another strange thing is when you install with Yast2 there is an entry in
the proc called : /proc/splash. Here you can control again the splashscreen.
But when installing with Yast1 there is no such entry!

So, anyone knowing the answer becomes one of my heroes!