Re: [SLE] [TROLL]Fixing Linux/Windows was SuSE CTO and President Steps Down
  • From: Clint Tinsley <cttinsley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 21:58:47 -0600
Christopher D. Reimer wrote:

I think Win98 had a bug where it would crash every 45 days or so.

One thing I don't understand is this mantra about how long you can leave a computer up before it will crash or when you might need to force it down or reboot to get things running right again. At a Novell conference a year or so back, they had contest to find longest running server. One of the longest running ones was one that had been up over 8 years and probably hadn't been seen in that length of time because it had been walled in and the only way they found it was pull on the wire... :-)) Most people turn off their systems off when they go home at night or go to bed and that does not qualify as a reboot. As a Network Administrator, I want people to log off and turn off their computers at night before leaving...

Clint

< Previous Next >