Re: [SLE] [TROLL]Fixing Linux/Windows was SuSE CTO and President Steps Down
  • From: "Christopher D. Reimer" <creimer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 12:04:53 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Martin Webster wrote:

> that to get the set-up how I liked - a few hours effort or so. Now, if I
> installed Windows 98SE or Windows 2000 Professional it would take me say
> 30-40 minutes to install. But guess what? I haven't got a damned application
> installed and can do bugger all with it!
>
> Oh, and how many Windows boxes can run for 220 days without needing a reboot?

If you have the original Win98 CD, it takes about two hours on a fast
connection to get all the updates from MS Windows Update. Which is why a
lot of my co-workers bring in their home computers to work to download on
the T1.

I think Win98 had a bug where it would crash every 45 days or so. ;)

Christopher Reimer