Re: [SLE] KDE update probs - no import functionality
  • From: dep <dep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 19:49:19 -0400
On Wednesday 29 August 2001 19:15, JW wrote:

| Can anyone give me some pointers here?
|
| has anyone been able to use the MS Word import? How?

what has worked here -- perfectly, i might add -- is simply open
existing file, go to the place where the existing file is, click on
it, and happy days. i've saved winword .dot files as kword templates,
even, and they work.

what we do not yet have, sad to say (though it's being worked on,
vigorously), is *export* filters. meaning that you can write to a
winword template, in a winword file you've imported, but you can't
save it back to winword format.
--
dep

one day, you'll wish it was now.