Re: [SLE] AMI IDE Raid driver for Suse Linux 7.1 - HELP !
On Wednesday 29 August 2001 4:32 am, babu walad wrote:
> I pretty much agree with your recommendations.
> I did some further snooping on the AMI web pages and
> found they have a similar driver and patch for Redhat
> 7.0 and I also found a driver patch and instructions
> (I am inserting them below) to patch Linux. Is there
> any way to tell if this will work with Suse Linux 7.0
> or 7.1 short of just trying it?

You mentioned the AMI MegaRAID (a PCI card). If your mainboard uses the same
chipset then I do see why you can't use the AMI MegaRAID driver which is part
of the stock 2.2.x and 2.4.x kernels.

Have a look here:

http://domsch.com/linux/ (near bottom of page)
this chipset)