Re: [SLE] Which CD is the Live CD?
  • From: Ron Cordell <roncordell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:41:47 -0400
The problem isn't as grave as I thought. Since this machine used an Adaptec
SCSI adapter card, the issue is that when the kernel boots, it is attempting
to load the module "aic7xxx" and can't find it. I looked in the
/lib/modules/linux-2.4.4-4GB/drivers/scsi directory and see that there is an
aic7xxx driver there, one called aic7xxx_old, and another called
aic7xxx/aic7xxx. So, where do one of these need to be placed so that kernel
finds it when loading?

-ronc