MySQL Network Server Setup
  • From: kbb0927@xxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:29:02 -0400
Hello All,

I use eS3.1 as a linux-only server on a home lan with mixed Linux/windoze
boxen. I have migrated from Delphi 5 to Kylix and am developing database
applications as well as migrating an existing app. However I need to
convert my dbf files to mysql. I run this as a sort-of client server app
under Delphi, but not a true client-server app. I will need to be able
to centrally access/update/manage the database files from the server.

How do I set up MySQl so that each Linux box connects at boot up to the
server? I have a /public directory for the mixed lan. I need to have
"global" access (w/proper users/security) so that each box can run the
app seamlessly connected to mysql on the server. Once I get this done, I
can figure it out for the windoze boxen. I use SuSE 7.2 personal on the
workstations.

Can anyone give a Step By Step or point me to a site with this or a HowTO?

I have read several books/mag articles, but they are just generic local
setup and confusing to this newbie.

Thanks in advance and regards,

Keith B.