Re: [SLE] Which CD is the Live CD?
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:52:08 -0400
On Wednesday 29 August 2001 09:23 am, Ron Cordell wrote:
> I did a stupid thing and updated the kernel image on my fileserver without
> thinking, from 2.4.0-4GB to 2.4.4-4GB. While this worked fine on two other
> machines, I installed the wrong image on the fileserver, and now of course,
> it won't boot, getting "Kernel Panic" messages.
>
> I think that the default kernel image on the SuSE 7.1 update/kernel ftp
> directory is for i686 machines, while I needed to use the i386 image on
> this machine - it is a Pentium 266.
>
> In any case, I can't seem to determine which CD out of the 7 is the Live
> CD. I need to boot into Linux, mount the root file system, and install the
> correct kernel. Which CD is it?
>
> Any other advice and name calling is welcome.
>
> -ronc

Get a copy of Tom's RootBoot diskette... Linux on a floppy. Very handy
to have for these occasions...

www.toms.net/rb

Also, learn how to add another image to your lilo.conf so you can boot
either the new or old kernel.

+ Bruce S. Marshall bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx Bellaire, MI 08/29/01 09:50 +
"If women wear a pair of pants, a pair of glasses, and a pair of
earrings, why don't they wear a pair of bras?"