Re: [SLE] MySQL
Good Morning:
It sounds like mysql is not running. You can start it by running
rcmysql start. If you wish to have mysql start when the computer is
started then you can start up yast2 go to misc/ RC-CONFIG editor and go
to start-applications /start_mysql and change the setting to yes. Of
course you can modify rc-config with you favorite editor without
starting yast2. I hope this helps.

Bob