Which CD is the Live CD?
  • From: Ron Cordell <roncordell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:23:54 -0400
I did a stupid thing and updated the kernel image on my fileserver without
thinking, from 2.4.0-4GB to 2.4.4-4GB. While this worked fine on two other
machines, I installed the wrong image on the fileserver, and now of course,
it won't boot, getting "Kernel Panic" messages.

I think that the default kernel image on the SuSE 7.1 update/kernel ftp
directory is for i686 machines, while I needed to use the i386 image on this
machine - it is a Pentium 266.

In any case, I can't seem to determine which CD out of the 7 is the Live CD.
I need to boot into Linux, mount the root file system, and install the
correct kernel. Which CD is it?

Any other advice and name calling is welcome.

-ronc

< Previous Next >