Re: [SLE] Re: probleme MEGA RAID
  • From: "Craig Sampson" <craig@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 21:01:42 +0800
I cant read this (I'm English only..sorry), but from the subject and
what I could glean from the text it is regarding a problem with AMI
Megaraid controllers and SuSE 7.1.

I've got a MegaRAID 428 3 channel controller here working fine under
SuSE 6.4 kernel 2.2.14, however, when I tried to upgrade to kernel
2.2.19, as suggested by the kernel maintainers for security reasons,
I found that the version of the MegaRaid module compiled for it is
seriously broken and won't work at all.

How does this relate to you? Well, I think SuSE 7.1 comes with
options for Kernel 2.2.19 or an early 2.4.x version. Theres a very
good chance that the same module code is used for both in any case,
and believe me, aside from recompiling new driver code you will not
get this running.

So far, after much searching around, it seems like the AMI MegaRaid
driver is not open source and instead comes via some rather obtuse
channels from AMI themselves. I cant find a newer version thats
known to work.

Theres quite a bit of discussion about this on the Linux section of
the Dell website for some reason. Might be worth zipping off there
for a looksee.

Regards,
Craig

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:52:45 +0200, Emmanuel ESCARABAJAL wrote:

>Le Mercredi 29 Ao–t 2001 14:33, vous avez ‚crit :
>> Bonjour,
>>
>> J'ai le mˆme problŠme que vous avec le le driver MEGARAID. Aucune
>> r‚ponse a votre message n'apparait sur la liste de SuSE. Est-ce
que vous
>> avez trouv‚ une solution, … part rester en version 7.1?
>>
>> Bien sincŠrement,
>>
>> Philippe Allart
>>
>> --
>> "Internet et Logiciels Libres dans les Collectivit‚s
Territoriales"