RE: [SLE] Different NVidia Problem
  • From: "Harrell, Tim" <HarrelT1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:26:41 +0100
>From your nv proc output it looks like you haven't done this.
It should be in the Advanced Chipset settings (assuming your KT133 bios
is similar to mean).
There'll be an option for the graphics card which can be set to either
AGP or PCI.
Once you've set to AGP you get the option to set the speed (set it to 2x
to start with for safety).
The fact that the rates field is empty in the proc output suggests AGP
is not set at all in the BIOS or that you have somehow disabled it in
the driver by hacking os-registry.c.

Rebuild an *unchanged* kernel source for the NV drivers and reinstall it
just to get back to a sensible baseline.
You don't have to set any AGP option in XF86Config as you get it by
default, but make sure you aren't using the agppart module in the kernel
(type 'lsmod'). You want to use the AGP support in the 251 drivers
themselves so agppart will cause you difficulties if it's loaded.

Tim Harrell