RE: [SLE] KDE 2-2 Dependency Hell
  • From: "Harrell, Tim" <HarrelT1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 11:44:05 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Harrell, Tim
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 11:40 AM
To: 'Fergus Wilde'
Subject: RE: [SLE] KDE 2-2 Dependency Hell

Hi Fergus,

Yeah I got all those other packages d/l'ed into the same place.
The only one I haven't bothered with yet is qt as I'm happy to stick
with 2.3.0 for now(especially as this correctly supports AA). None of
the capability issues are with QT anyway (which is just a couple of
libraries).

The one dep. I can't get rid of is libmcop_mt.so.0.
There is no equivalent on my system or in any of the 2.2 packages.
kdelibs-artsd is not in KDE 2.1 but comes with 2.2. I've been told by
another list user that libmcop_mt is in kdelibs-artsd version 2.2.0, but
the version on the Suse site I d/l'ed from is 2.2.4.
I can't have got 2.2.0 as that must have been from an older version of
KDE 2.2 and I'm still on 2.1

All very confusing..