Re: [SLE] Weird Source RPM build problem
  • From: Lenz Grimmer <grimmer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:44:39 +0200
On Tue, Aug 21, Harrell, Tim wrote:

> I have built the RPM for 'plugger' from the source rpm.
> However, when I do a rebuild it doesn't complete the final stage of
> processing because of a bizarre problem with checking the man page.
>
> This is what happens:
> cp plugger.7 /usr/local/man/man7/
> + test -x /usr/sbin/Check -a 0 = 0
> + echo 'I call /usr/sbin/Check...'
> I call /usr/sbin/Check...
> + /usr/sbin/Check
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2377 Aug 16 21:26
> /usr/local/man/man7/plugger.7.gz
> + /usr/lib/rpm/brp-compress
> Processing files: plugger-3.2-1
> File not found: /usr/local/man/man7/plugger.7
>
> The RPM rebuild processing compresses the man page and then bombs out
> because the original non-compressed page cannot be found. Little wonder!
>
> What can I do to make rpm to process this correctly so it checks for the
> .gz file after compressing it? Other source rpms seem to be ok (ie they
> compress the man page but check for the .gz version).

/usr/sbin/Check compresses the man page. So either remove the Check call in
the spec file, or adjust the file name in the %files section.

Bye,
LenZ
Lenz Grimmer SuSE GmbH
mailto:grimmer@xxxxxxx Schanzaeckerstr. 10
http://www.suse.de/~grimmer/ 90443 Nuernberg, Germany
The flogging will continue until the morale improves.