RE: [SLE] Limitation of UID of passwd
  • From: "Steven Wong" <steven.wong@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 22:47:42 -0700
It's seems like you are right. The account closest to 65535 we have is
64428, and any higher, it will bomb with that error.

This means that all others account above that amount will not work.

Is there a way I can increase this number or does that mean the OS needs to
be rebuild with unsigned long int in order to account for accounts above
65535.

Steven