Re: [SLE] SuSE CTO and President Steps Down
  • From: Ron Cordell <roncordell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 20:04:17 -0400
You touch on a very important point. Nobody wants to spend the time knowing
how the OS works in order to get their job done - they just want to start
working and be productive. Nowadays, it is *much* easier to be there on
Linux, so that is good, but it is nowhere near as mind-numbingly easy as it
is on Windows. Some will argue that is a good thing, however, most of the
planet doesn't want or care to know those details - they just want it to work.

It is extra effort on my part to be able to work on a Linux platform, even
for software development, but I do it because it is valuable in other ways.