Re: [SLE] ReiserFS on 7.2 Text in Ref.Manual
re,

last negative result was with suse 6.4 and kernel 2.2
then i updated to 7.2 with kernel 2.4 and thought to myself
"eh, the raid code has changed _alot_, try again with reiser"
and voila, it worked. even on a production machine (a webserver)
i have no troubles. also, the annoying raid-checks (n case of
a hard-reboot) are now done in the background, while the raid
is active from the very first moment ...... this is great !

i guess it is a combination of the new raid code and jernel 2.4 which
makes all this working now .....

btw, it is really handy to have the magic-sys-req key enabled in the
kernel (and yast) .... can save alot of fsck's and even reboots (by
killing all tasks....)

greets,

chris

Am Mittwoch, 29. August 2001 00:56 schrieb Martin Webster:
> On Tuesday 28 August 2001 9:40 pm, Christian Klippel wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > what could be the problem of using reiser and software raid5 ???
> > i mean, there were some issues in the paste concerning the
> > raid code in linux conflicted with reiserfs (the buffers of each
> > conflicted ....)
> > but now it works .... i have it happily running here without any
> > problems .... (raid5 and reiserfs)
> >
> > but if there are issues with raid&reiser (in 7.2) i really wish to know
>
> There are problems after a system crash with kernel 2.2. Not sure about 2.4
> - I wonder if the warning was left in the 7.2 manual in error?

visit me at http://mamalala.de

< Previous Next >