Re: [SLE] xawtv no sound with 7.2 using isa SB AWE32
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 23:06:51 +0200
Hi,

I'm guessing you have no sound in other non-kde apps as well, right?!
My favourite solution is to killall artsd. After that, xawtv should work.
One solution that *sometimes* works, if you're running kde 2.2, is to go in
to kde control center->sound->sound server and set it to use ALSA. Also, set
the time out to something low, like two seconds.

<rant>
artsd will have to learn to live alongside other apps if it's to find a place
on my system. I like the idea behind it, but if it's going to force me into a
kde only world, it's just too MS for me.
</rant>

Anders