fstab - sys reinstall
  • From: "Daniel Woodard" <schreck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:17:14 -0400
System in question has four hard drives:

15GB sys * SuSE linux
60GB /basement * 60GB drive for storage
45GB /mirror * 3ware mirrored RAID (2) 45GB drives

The 60GB and 45GB drives already have data on them, I only want to mount
these.

I install SuSE, and it assigns these drives as /data1 and /data2

I've never had trouble doing this before, but today I'm having trouble
putting those two drives into fstab and having them mount as /basement and
/mirror

I took notes on my last working config (I'm repurposing this machine, so I
went for a clean install for some dumb reason) and I had:

/dev/hdb1 /basement auto defaults 1 2
/dev/sda1 /mirror auto defaults 1 2

What concrete steps can I take to name and mount these drives as such?

Thank you!

< Previous Next >