Re: [SLE] Konqueror eating up memory - solved
One thing I hate about Linux is that sometimes you are forced to find things
out for yourself .... :-) This post is just in case anyone else has the same
problem.

Taking my life in my hands, I renamed /home/kevin/.kde2 to
/home/kevin/.kde2.old, and logged out of and back in to KDE. The default KDE
theme was enabled, so I changed that back to the SuSE one by going to K >
Preferences > SuSE Desktop > select theme. Launching Konqueror as browser or
filemanager showed no memory-eating problems - hooray! I copied over some
folders (eg the kmail and knode folders) from .kde2.old/share/apps to the
equivalent place in .kde2, and also some config files (eg kmailrc) from
.kde2.old/share/config.

So all's well that ends well.

Kevin