Re: [SLE] Access to userdirs on Apache webserver
  • From: Richard Bos <allabos@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 21:55:51 +0200
Op dinsdag 21 augustus 2001 20:15, schreef je:
> Could someone who made access to userdirs possible, on a SuSE 7.1 system
> running Apache, please tell me how to do that? I have seen the pages linked
> to from apache.org, telling about this, but I find them mildly confusing,
> since they deal with setups that differ from the SuSE way of doing things.
> For instance, the SuSE Apache httpd.conf contains stuff that in the other
> setups are split into several different files.
> What I want is to make http access to /home/username/pub/ possible. Access
> to the actual /home/username/ directory should not be allowed, only to the
> pub/ directory.

Apache needs to be able to read all directories before/above the pub
directory. Which means in your case that the /home/username should have 755
permissions. If not it will never work! This is being subscribed somewhere
in the apache manual (don't know where).

--
Richard Bos
For those who have no home the journey is endless