2.4.7 Failed to boot
  • From: Cliff Sarginson <cliff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 19:59:23 +0200
Hello,
I am trying to run 2.4.7.
The compilation proceeds without error.
On trying to boot, when it starts to uncompress
the vmlinuz image it prints 3 dots, says out of input data
and halts...

Clues

Cliff

What I did notice was a warning from MD5 about the
checksums on a couple of modules..mmm they were warnings
and while that may be a problem, i cannot imagine
it causes the above ..I should mention I have successfully
booted 2.4.7 but I inadvertently included the devfs module,
I removed this, changed a few other options..and got this
problem.

  • No further messages