RE: [SLE] VMWare, Win4Lin, and SuSE 7.2
  • From: kbb0927@xxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 13:05:21 -0400
Nick,

NO, I don't think there is an eval version of Win4Lin 3.0. I use it,
but under 2.4.4 kernel. Just haven't gotten around to upgrading
to 2.4.9 yet.

If you need to run more than linux and win9x, you should go
with VMware, but it does seem to be slower to me than win4lin.
If you just want to run win9x (not WinME yet) and need the
speed without the expense of high end hardware, then win4lin
is your ticket. I personally prefer it over VMWare. One
caveat, you will need to use either a precompiled win4lin-enabled
kernel or patch your own with the kernel patches from their
website. Visit www.netraverse.com and check out their info.

Regards,

Keith B.