Re: [SLE] AMD running too hot
  • From: Laurence Orchard <laurence@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:34:04 +0100
At 11:39 20/08/01 +0300 you scribbled:
Hi

Correct... And even more so, because the fact that with higher core voltage
the rise/fall times decreases, and thus consumes more power, generates more
heat, and generate more RF- and EMI

Jaska.

Don't understand about the rise/fall times decreasing?

Using the standard formula watts = volts * amps
if the required power remains the same then if you increase the voltage the current must fall!

if the power requirement does increase then with a higher voltage the current will not rise as high.

2 watts = 1volt * 2amps or
2 watts = 2volts * 1amp

therefore

4watts = 1volt * 4amps or
4watts = 2volts * 2amps

Viestiss Maanantai 20. Elokuuta 2001 11:39, Mark Hounschell kirjoitti:
> Laurence Orchard wrote:
> > At 09:25 16/08/01 -0700 you scribbled:
> > >Hello Guy,
> > >
> > ><snip>
> > >
> > >Remember that increasing the core voltage to you CPU
> > >would increase the produced heat. Though, I don't
> > >think its the temperature that is causing your
> > >problem. Try e-mailing AMD and asking them if
> > >increasing the voltage to you cpu wouldn't in any way
> > >void your warranty since you would be running you CPU
> > >out of spec and that is not recommended.
> >
> > Increasing the core voltage does not increase the amount of heat produced
> > it should reduce it,
> > more volts = less amps = less current = less heat
>
> more volts with same impeddance = more amps
>
> 1volt into 1 ohm = 1amp
> 2volt into 1 ohm = 2amp
> 2volt into 2 ohm = 1amp

Laurence

** if you want to know what the program really does, look at the code **

laurence@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This Mail should NOT have an attachment, if it does it may have been created by a VIRUS
DO NOT OPEN IT!!!

< Previous Next >