Small Matter w/ XMMS
  • From: "Farrell, Thomas" <tfarrell--nr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:08:25 -0400
Hi!

Last weekend I finaly joined the bandwagon and upgraded to 7.2 but there are
a few glitches here and there left to be sussed out. Amazing how much has
changed since 7.0.

I am running the out of the box gnome w/ sawfish. XMMS does not seem to like
the combination however as the preferences dialog appears with a border and
cannot be brought to top though it will focus. Whenever I try to alter a
setting, I get a nice loud beep from the PC speaker. Whenever I try to play
an mp3, the entire application freezes. I tried removing ~/.xmms but
encountered the same effect. Does anyone have a suggestion of what to try
next?

Cheers,
Thom

Common sense is what tells you the earth is flat.

  • No further messages