starting fetchmail when dialup connection made
  • From: Richard Booth <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 13:18:18 +0100
Hi

I have two boxes, one is my SuSE 7.2 workstation and the other is a firewall
gateway Smoothwall using a modem to dial up and connect. I want fetchmail
to start on my workstation when the firewall box has made the dial up
connection. How do you automate starting fetchmail when the connection is
made on another box? Is it possible for some program to detect a connection
then start fetchmail? In the past I used to use just the one box with kppp
starting fetchmail after the connection was made, but now I have no idea.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Rich

< Previous Next >