Re: [SLE] LinuxCAD 2000
  • From: Ain Vagula <ain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:51:33 +0200
as I've understood, visio has given 2 years ago Intellicad source free for about 2 months. after this, there are 10...20 developing teams, who are making its own "intellicad" (or whatever) independently. It is not excluded, that someone is working, trying to make a port to Linux, but I've heard that program is too windoze-specific.

About wine: I've tried once to run Felixcad under wine (dont understand me wrong, please :)), and it started, opened a simple drawing, but I coudn't perform any operation more. This is the best windoze-cad behavior with wine, I've ever seen.

And another thing: Why are you looking for a AutoCad clone? What is important, is compability. I hope, there will never be a Linux MS Office, a Linux AutoCAD etc. I've never seen a really good programmer, who wants to make only an exact copy...

ain

Doug McGarrett wrote:

Perhaps you are unaware that Visio is now a part of Microsoft, and as such, is unlikely to ever write anything that will run on Linux.
Go to the website yourself and see. --dm

/skip lots of stuff/

P.S. Here are links to pages mentioned above plus a few others.

/skip/

IntelliCAD by Visio: write to them! http://www.visio.com/

/skip/

--doug, also looking for a real AutoCad clone that really works.