kde2.2 still does not start ...grrr
  • From: "Rafael E. Herrera" <raffo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 02:37:05 -0400 (EDT)
After tweaking my machine I got KDE2.2 to start as a normal user once.
After that it gets stuck again in the "Initializing system services".

The problem seems to be with this dcopserver process. It seems to be stuck
waiting for something.

I'm currently on a GNOME desktop. If I start konsole, for example, I get:

$ konsole
Session management error: Could not open network socket
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
DCOPServer up and running.

What is this thing trying to do? Can someone make any suggestions as to
what is going on?

The one time kde started I had just changed my hostname and domainname of
my machine from the dummy one I set (this is my home machine, so it
doesn't have a fixed IP number) to the host and domain name associated to
the dynamic IP provided by Verizon. I did this with yast1, didn't reboot,
just did a "startx". KDE started.

Then rebooted the machine and kde won't start. Reversed my changes,
rebooted, etc. etc. tried all combinations and the freaking program won't
start.

Anyways, waiting for a fixed release.

Rafael

< Previous Next >