Re: [SLE] lilo problems
  • From: Joe & Sesil Morris <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:34:21 +0800
Chris Large wrote:
I was adding another boot image to lilo.conf and when i run lilo I now get
the following error

Fatal: read /dev/sda: No such device or address

I' afraid to reboot as it may not reboot. Here is my lilo.conf file

Good. Make the correction first. It will save you a lot of time.

# LILO configuration file
# Start LILO global Section
# If you want to prevent console users to boot with init=/bin/bash,
# restrict usage of boot params by setting a passwd and using the option
# restricted.
#password=bootpwd
#restricted
boot=/dev/sda

Perhaps if you gave it which partition number, such as your root below (i.e. /dev/sda1). I would have assumed 1 for boot, 2 for swap, 3 for root, but you may have 'sliced' things up differently.

image = /boot/vmlinuz
root = /dev/sda1
label = gizmo
initrd = /boot/initrd