Re: LinuxCAD 2000
  • From: "S.Toms" <smotrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 21:12:56 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Christian Klippel wrote:

ck> hi,
ck>
ck> if i remeber correctly, there was an autocad for unix (at least in
ck> the past) maybe it runs with one of the binary emulators that
ck> linux provides in its kernel ??? and maybe we can all send mails
ck> to autodesk, asking them for a linux version ?? if there was an
ck> unix version, it should be no big trouble for them to do a linux
ck> version too ......
ck>

Autodesk AutoCAD r.12 was the last version that was ported to Microsoft,
Macintosh and Unix OS's. As far as getting Autodesk to write one for
Linux, don't count on it. There are no plans (I know one of the
programmers for Autodesk Designer) to port it Linux in the forseeable
future. Of course, this was January I asked him about it, so who
knows.
The best bet will be to start playing around with AutoCAD and Wine and
see if you can get as many error messages or as much information as
possible to forward to the developers of Wine. That's probably going to be
the best way.

ck> greets,
ck>
ck> chris