Re: [SLE] Which KDE 2.2 rpms for SuSE 7.1 are better?
  • From: John W Mislan <basslake@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 23:51:49 -0400
Hi Jonathan!
You may or may not have problems with Dcop-server, you have to _try_ , and
start kde, and see if it will complain about anything, then address that issue.
If it says Dcop-server unable-somthing-whatever, then I delete old Dcop link in
my home directory. Usually /root/.DCOPserver_basslake_:0 (I run as root to
install most major apps.)

You may not need to do that if kde runs right off for you.
There was some posts about kde config stuff still being a bit flakey.
These are things I expect, though linux in general is making way nicely for
the most part.
Also expect that your machine may render a different result than XYZ machine.
This due to hardware - setup configs , and so forth.
On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Jonathan Drews wrote:

PS I like your SuSE-KDE-FAQ idea , maybe they could put in which qt rpm is
hiding the multi-threading feature.
John W Mislan