Re: [SLE] Which KDE 2.2 rpms for SuSE 7.1 are better?
  • From: John W Mislan <basslake@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 22:02:36 -0400
Hi Paul!

I just installed kde 2.2 update from the SuSE-Linuks (kde-service) yesterday.
You will definately need the qt- packs that are in the 'kde=base' directory,
qt.rpm, and qt-extentions.rpm, and the qtlib.rpm, from the apps directory.

Then I had no problem, accept for Dcop-server not running messages.
I deleted Dcop, and moved all old kde2-dirs out of root.
Also delete any kde,Dcop stuff in /tmp.

A bit of jigling, but kde2.2 came up okay then. Running Konqurior,
I got, 'ssl' not found error or something to that effect, but there was a post
on the list here, that probably solves this.
I havn't checked everything yet, but kde2.2 looks great, and seems to run
noticably more stable than 2.1 .
Hope this helps some.

best regards
John W Mislan