Video to mpeg
I have a number of home videos which I'd like to transfer to computer. The
camera is an old one and I've a feeling it's going to pack up soon! It
doesn't have anything clever like S-Video, just the regular TV output signal.
I can get the tapes onto a regular VCR tape without any trouble.

My question is, what do I need to transfer this to a computer based format
such as mpeg? Would a standard TV receiver card do the job? Can I then
effectively record from TV source onto hard disk with something like xawtv?
If so, what sort of quality would I get? The original tapes aren't that good
anyway but I'd like to preserve the quality there is without loosing sound
sync etc. Finally, how much diskspace will I need for about 40 minutes of TV
input?

  • No further messages