custom kernel = no sound
  • From: J <jfondow1@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 21:23:05 -0400
I just downloaded 2.4.9 and compiled, but now I can't get the sound to
work, everything else seems ok. I am using the Asus A7V133 motherboard,
the sound is built onto the board and is a VIA82c686a. I built that
into the kernel but no luck. Also, I built all my options into the
kernel so I don't need to use modules, but during boot modprobe is still
probing. Before I built my custom kernel, I copied vmlinuz to
vmlinuz.original so I can boot to the SuSE original configuration and
the sound works. But I need to build my own so that I can burn cd's.
Any help, would be greatly appreciated. TIA