Re: [SLE] AMD running too hot
  • From: Laurence Orchard <laurence@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 12:34:37 +0100
At 09:25 16/08/01 -0700 you scribbled:
Hello Guy,

<snip>

Remember that increasing the core voltage to you CPU
would increase the produced heat. Though, I don't
think its the temperature that is causing your
problem. Try e-mailing AMD and asking them if
increasing the voltage to you cpu wouldn't in any way
void your warranty since you would be running you CPU
out of spec and that is not recommended.

Increasing the core voltage does not increase the amount of heat produced it should reduce it,
more volts = less amps = less current = less heat

If I over clock my AMD 800 i find that increasing the core voltage increases the stability of the cpu

I read in a thread that some guy was running an AMD
1.2GHz on a 250watt power supply, and his computer
would crash under heavy use. That was until he got a
350watt PSU and his problems were solved.

I think the guy was lucky to even get it to boot with a 250W supply!! a 300W should be sufficient

Good Luck

Sinan Sinanian