Re: AMD running too hot
  • From: Dave Jones <davej@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 18:18:42 +0200 (CEST)
On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, James Arthur wrote:

> ... You might also like to check out Powertweak, which in theory can
> lower the clock speed of your processor when it's not needed so much,
> helping to cool it.

Not yet. We only support the PowerNOW! of the older AMD CPUs
(K6-2+ & K6-3+), we just got the info for the mobile Athlon PowerNOW!,
so that'll be coming at some point soon hopefully. (As soon as I
find a box to test it on). But this wouldn't help in the situation
of the original poster anyhow, as the PowerNOW! stuff is only in the
mobile Athlon 4's.

regards,

Dave.