Re: [SLE] AMD running too hot
  • From: dep <dep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 11:49:50 -0400
On Monday 13 August 2001 08:28 am, Harrell, Tim wrote:
| That setup is v. similar to mine - I have a 1.33 G Tbird also and a
| Thermosonic heatsink. The OC guys tend not to go for ThermalTakes
| because, although quiet and reasonably efficient, they're not the
| most effective coolers around. Even so you should not be getting
| temps as high as that unless you've overclocked it. I take it
| you're running a standard 1.33 Ghz set at 10x with a 133MHz bus.

i'm running a 1.2-gig athlon and i have on the chip itself a
cylindrical, two-fan, counter-rotating cooler with about four inches
of heatsink fins, a slot fan, a front fan, the power supply fan of
course, and an additional rear exhaust fan. chip runs quite cool.
getting as much airflow as possible is the key, until tiny
air-conditioners for chips are built.

--
dep

one day, you'll wish it was now.