Re: [SLE] Installation catastrophe
  • From: "Rafael E. Herrera" <raffo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 12:01:27 -0400
First of all, start your system in text console mode. When you select
the kernel to boot, add 3 to the selection, like "Linux 3".

Once you boot you should be presented with a text console where you can
login as root.

Can you describe how you installed those rpm packages?

If you have a list of them, you should delete them. They probably
include files with names like kde*.rpm, qt*.rpm, etc.

If you are not familiar with rpm, I think the command options are:

rpm -e --nodeps packagename

After you have deleted them, reinstall KDE2. I'd suggest you use plain
"yast", go into the package selection and re-install the KDE2 packages
in the "kde2" section, your QT libraries in section "xdev".

After you are done, quit yast and in the command prompt type "init 5" to
start the graphical console.

Rafael

< Previous Next >