Re: [SLE] Two Hubs
On Friday 10 August 2001 4:25 pm, David Grove wrote:
> Thanks to all who responded. I'll consolidate my replies here.
>
> This d-link is a 5 port + shared uplink (5 is 5 or uplink). The uplink
> simply doesn't work. The uplink port may be flubbed.
>
> However, I have another suspicion. I once had a Lynksys hub. It said that
> it could only be uplinked to other Lynksys hubs. I've a strange feeling
> that the d-link hub might be the same way.
>
> Either way, my solution is to get a new hub for Hub B.

I've just dug out my D-Link DFE-904 10/100 dual-speed hub manual. You may
find the following information useful (then again, you may not):

- All nodes must access the network at the same speed.
- Make sure that the last jack on hub A is unused.
- Plug standard cable in uplink (or MDI-II) and connect to any other jack
(but not uplink) in hub B.
- Standard jacks are cross-wired; uplink is not.

Thus, hub A must have one unused jack and hub B an unused uplink jack.

< Previous Next >