Re: [SLE] usb ide removable hard drive
Greg, Thanks a lot I just learned a heap by the this email.

I went to /proc/ide and only saw
my hard drive and cdrom . When i looked in /proc/partions I only saw my hard
drive partitions. So it appears that the usb removable drive did not get
loaded but when I go to usbviewer i see the below results:

USB to IDE Adapter
Serial Number: 6b1d16d7-6796-11d3-a052-cfde95364d35
Speed: 12Mb/s (full)
USB Version: 1.00
Device Class: ff(vend.)
Device Subclass: 00
Device Protocol: 00
Maximum Default Endpoint Size: 64
Number of Configurations: 1
Vendor Id: 05ab
Product Id: 0200
Revision Number: 1.10

Config Number: 1
Number of Interfaces: 1
Attributes: c0
MaxPower Needed: 0mA

Interface Number: 0
Name: (none)
Alternate Number: 0
Class: ff(vend.)
Sub Class: 0
Protocol: 0
Number of Endpoints: 1

and etc......

So why is the system not seeing it in /proc/ide.? I am going to
http://www.linux-usb.org/ to see if it is indeed supported. Any more
suggestions.