usb ide removable hard drive
  • From: Robert Barish <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 10:12:15 -0700
Hello Everyone
Being a linux convert from windoz there are still somethings I am having a hard time with. I looked thru the archives to see if maybe be I can answer my own questions and I have been able to answer some and not others. The one I am working in right now is, I have a usb ide removeable hard drive I would like to use again. I believe it is supported. When in look usbmgr is see it there. So my qustions are as follows:
1)I am assuming I have to mount the drive first to use it. So how do I mount th drive. I know how to mount cdrom and floppy on the command line because I
know the devices.

2)Once I have mounted the drive I will need to format the whole drive so I can
put files on it under linux. How do I do this manually. Since I installed linux it has always been do automatically upon installation.

Sorry for the real basic questions. I consider myself and very advance user on wwindoze and since my conversion (happly so) to linux I am having a hard time with the basics. I hope I have made my questions clear!

Thanks again for all you patience and help
bob

< Previous Next >