IEEE1394
  • From: Emiliano Grilli <emilianog@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 18:20:57 +0200
Hi,

I have an adaptec 4300 firewire card and a panasonic camera.
I run SuSE 7.2 with standard kernel.
With the utility 'dvgrab' I can grab a few seconds of video+audio, but
after this short period it complains that the driver has caused a dropout
and then stops grabbing.
To use it again I have to remove and reload the modules (ohci1394 &
raw1394).

The resulting avi file is good, but it would be nice to grab more than a
few seconds ;-)

I recently downloaded the 2.4.7 bz2 kernel from mantel's ftp directory.
It has better support for IEEE1394 than the one installed by default?
I can unpak it to /usr/src and then do make cloneconfig to keep my current
configuration?
There is another way to install only the IEEE1394 module into my actual
kernel?

I know.. is a lot of questions...
Thank you in advance.

e-millo