Re: [SLE] envelope sender domain
  • From: Jeffrey Taylor <jeff.taylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:05:38 -0500
Subject to the period on a line by itself):

telnet <smtp-server.myisp.com> 25
Trying ...
Connected to ...
Escape character is ']'
HELO <your.hostname.domainname>
220 ...
MAIL From: <myusername@xxxxxxxxx>
250 ...
RCPT To: <someuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
250 ...
DATA
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
Subject: test

body of test message
.
250 ...
QUIT
221 ...
Connection closed by foreign host.

Of course, if Kmail isn't sending what you think, the exercise is
meaningless.

HTH,
Jeffrey

--
I don't do Windows and I don't come to work before nine.
-- Johnny Paycheck

< Previous Next >