Re: [SLE] Lan question
  • From: Rick Green <rtg@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:20:34 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Dennis wrote:

> I have the similar problem, but the two subnet are working on DHCP, no
> static IP to the hungry workstation.
The DHCP server maintains a database of leases, mapping the IP addres
assigned to MAC address. Most of them will tend to re-assign the same IP
to a workstation if an 'old' lease exists in the database. so DHCP
environments aren't always as dynamic as you might think...

--
Rick Green

"I have the heart of a little child, and the brain of a genius.
... and I keep them in a jar under my bed"