Re: [SLE] starting KDE2
  • From: schutt <schutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:15:02 -0400 (EDT)
Derek said:

> Hi. I'm running 7.0, and have just installed all the rpms for KDE2
(actually it's 2.1.1)
> (via Yast1). When I reboot, I still have KDE1 running. Can anyone tell me how
> to run KDE2 instead? I'm guessing I need to change the default login manager,
> but I haven't figured out how to do this yet.

I've poked around some more, and it looks like for KDE2.0, there's a need to
play with /sbin/Suseconfig, but not for 2.1. However, the installation details
promised on the SuSe KDE2 download page ("Please follow the advice on the download
pages
when updating or installing from scratch!") does not seem to exist.

Is there anyone with SuSe 7.0 running KDE2.1.1? How did you do it? Am I missing
something obvious?

Thanks, Derek

  • No further messages