/usr/sbin/useradd.local
  • From: Raul Gutierrez Segales <oxford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 09:10:31 -0400 (PYT)

I want to add a line in /usr/sbin/useradd.local so that every time I
create a user with YaST it puts a customize message with the new user's
login name in /var/spool/mail/$new_user so that when he downloads his/her
emails he gets a welcome message and the basic rules of our server.

Now, in /usr/sbin/useradd.local you have this message:

# Here you can add your own stuff, that should be done for every new user.
#
# When you create a new user with YaST, this script will be called
# with the new login name as parameter. The rest of data can be taken
# from /etc/passwd.

But it doesn't talk about the syntax.

Does anybody know how to refer to the new user variable or where could I
look for more documentation.

Raúl

Raul Gutierrez Segales
ICQ: 33158891