Re: [SLE] Gateway Woes
On Thursday 09 August 2001 07:18, kbb0927@xxxxxx wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> the hostname is lnxkeith
>
> nslookup yahoo.com 216.126.128.40 gives same message - cannot find
> server name for address 216....
>
> I am supposed to be connected to bww.com whose url is www.bwwonline.com
> for the homepage.

Why would their homepage URL have *anything* at all to do with their DNS...
Don't use that.. it is totally irrelevant.

I guess based on some of your other emails, I am confused as to what your
true dial-up situation is....

You mentioned you only use 'dynamic nameserver' for dial up. I guess I'm not
sure what that is... You may need to add something to the /etc/ppp/ip-up
script to do some fiddling at dialup time.

+ Bruce S. Marshall bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx Bellaire, MI 08/09/01 08:50 +
"Get a new car for you spouse - it'll be a great trade!"